I have seen this circulating on YouTube and I love making lists of goals that I want to achieve so I thought it would be a great idea to create my own. I am currently 21 and it’s pretty terrifying to know that the next age milestone for me is 30 but there is so much that I hope to achieve and I know I won’t be able to achieve those goals within the next couple of years. Some of these goals are career-oriented and others are more personal so here are my 30 goals that I wish to achieve before I turn 30
1. A couple of weeks ago I submitted my application to study a postgraduate degree in Documentary Journalism so I hope that I will have successfully completed that.
2. Going on from my first goal, I hope that I get to make documentaries around the world, showcasing various inequalities that people have to face. I hope that I would get to direct or edit these documentaries as that is essentially what I want to do.
3. I have growing book collection so I hope that by the time I am 30, I will have read all of the books that I own and then more. I love reading and I am trying to read more often so I am hoping to read a new book every month but I know that won’t always happen so I just want to read all of the books I already have.
4. Watching films is something that is second nature to me so I want to work my way through the IMDB Top 250 list and watch every single film on there. A lot of the films on the list aren’t what I would typically watch so I think it would be good for me to forget about that.
5. The only continent that I have left to visit is Africa so I hope that I would get to visit somewhere in Africa. Ideally, I would love to go to South Africa or Kenya, however, I would love to volunteer anywhere in Africa as I think it would be a fantastic opportunity to help out others.
6. I would like to be married before I’m 30 but if I’m not, it’s not the end of the world. I wouldn’t want to get married until my mid to late 20s but I definitely hope to be married by the time I am 30.
7. I hope that I have found somewhere to live, hopefully with Daniel. I hope that by the time I am 30, we have decided where we want to live and we will either be saving up to buy a house or will have bought a house.
8. Traveling is something that has always been important to me, I even made a list of 5 places I want to visit in 2018. Before I am 30, I hope that I will have had the opportunity to go back to Australia
9. This one is pretty materialistic but before I am 30, I hope that I have been fortunate enough to buy some Gucci loafers. I have been obsessed with Gucci loafers for at least a year and I know that they are timeless and would last so long. Again, it’s not the end of the world if this doesn’t happen.
10. I would like to have a child around the time that I am 30 so I’m not particularly bothered if this doesn’t happen before I’m 30 but I hope to have children in my late 20s to early/ mid-30s. I definitely couldn’t have children before then as I can barely look after myself and I am not fond of the idea of having children at the moment.
11. As a recent graduate, I am not financially stable at all and I’m currently saving up so I can study next year so I hope that I am financially stable before I am 30. I’m not saying that I hope to have lots and lots of money, I just hope that I can live comfortably without worrying about how I’m going to pay the bills every month.
12. Go to DisneyWorld.
13. Go interrailing across Europe. Interrailing is something that I have always wanted to do and is something that I think everyone should get to experience.
14. I would love to work on a television series in post-production. Even if I have worked as a runner or an assistant, I would appreciate that. Ideally, I would like to work on a comedy but I would also love working on a drama.
15. I hope that my photography skills will have increased a lot. I am not very confident in my photography skills but I am improving and I hope to have significantly improved in 9 years time.
16. I would love to work on a campaign that fights for human rights in third world countries because that is something that I am passionate.
17. Before I visited Peru, I used Duolingo to learn Spanish and I hope that by the time I am 30, I can speak and understand Spanish to an almost fluent level. I don’t expect me to be completely fluent, but I hope that I can hold a conversation in Spanish without too much trouble. Spanish is one of the most commonly spoken languages in the world so I think it would be so beneficial to learn it.
18. Since I was about 17, I haven’t had the best relationship with food and often go through phases of starving myself to binge eating. There have been times when it has been quite bad and I have become too obsessed with counting calories and macros so I hope that by the time I am 30, I am over this and no longer think about numbers when it comes to food.
19. I have always wanted to do one of those challenges where you take a photo every day for a year or you film a second every day and I hope that one year between 2018 and 2026 I will have done that.
20. I have a habit of putting others needs in front of my own and sometimes you have to think about what is best for you so I hope that I can get the courage to say no when I need to and realise when I need to put myself first.
21. I have always wanted to go to a music festival but the idea of camping in an English field kind of puts me off as it is most probably going to be wet and muddy but again, I think it’s something that most people should experience so I hope that one year I get to go to a music festival.
22. I hope that I can have a substantial amount of money in a savings account in case anything happens where I am unable to work or I am in need of extra money.
23. I hope that I could live in London, even if it’s just for a couple of months as I have always wanted to experience the London life. I visit London a few times a year so I think it would be fun to live there for a little bit.
24. I can cook but I have a number of recipes that I always cook so I hope to learn how to cook properly with fresh ingredients as it is definitely an important skill and would probably stop me from eating takeaway as often.
25. So many people say that they would love to go on a road trip across America and I am not different because it would be so much fun. I have been to New York but there are so many other places that I would love to visit in America.
26. As I was a student, I have a pretty hefty student loan that I need to pay back so I hope that I have started paying that back.
27. I hope that I will be surrounded by good people who have a positive impact in my life so that we can encourage each other and have fun together. I aim to cut ties with people who are negative and impact my life negatively.
28. I know that a decent metabolism won’t last forever so I think I should probably get into shape by the time I am 30 and start eating healthier.
29. I would like to spend time volunteering at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen as there is always a need for people to help out and I believe it’s important to give back when I am so fortunate.
30. Lastly, this may be boring to most people but I love history so I would love to learn more about the history of Britain and generally, the history of the world as I find it so fascinating.
What are your goals?