As it is nearing Halloween, I decided to get in the spirit and do some baking. I attempted to make some meringue ghosts but I really failed at that so I won’t show you them. However, I did make some chocolate orange cupcakes so I will give you my recipe and method.
120g plain flour
140g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
50g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
250g icing sugar
50g white chocolate
100g orange chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder together. Add the butter and mix.
- Whisk the melted chocolate, egg, orange juice and milk together in a jug.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture until combines.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Carefully stir in the icing sugar and continue to beat. Beat in the milk, melted chocolate and orange zest.
- Decorate the cupcakes with buttercream and spooky decorations.
Have you done any baking for Halloween? Let me know in the comments below.