I’m currently 20 and in my final year of university. I am also in a state of wanting to be in the past yet wanting to be in the future. I kind of wish I was still 15 yet can’t wait to graduate and get on with my life. I have written a list of things that I hope for the future:
- I hope you are less insecure. I am currently very insecure about every aspect of my life when that is completely ridiculous. I worry that everyone hates me and finds me absolutely repulsive. I am working on it and would love it if in 5 years’ time I am confident, comfortable in my own skin and able to be myself around others.
- I hope you have a super cool job that you love most of the time. At the moment I want to edit documentaries so I will probably need to learn Avid this year. Can I use Avid now? Is there another editing software out there that’s even better? I really hope I am successful in the future.
- I hope you are truly happy. I’m not sure if I have ever been truly happy so this is the thing that I wish for the most. I want to be happy and content with life. I have days where I am happy and life seems to be going well but there’s usually something that comes along to ruin it. Life isn’t that bad and I don’t want to spend it being miserable.
- I hope you have a dog. PLEASE tell me you have a dog! I want one soooo badly and they make everything better. If you don’t have a dog, please have a kitty or a rabbit. I just love fluffy animals and want them all.
- I hope you managed to live near London. At the moment I’m hoping to live near Reading area so I hope I am successful in that. I also hope that I get a nice place to live that is comfortable and I can decorate is any way that I want within reason obviously. I would like a house with a study room so that I can work from home especially as I am probably going to have to freelance.
- I hope everything works out with you and Dan. He’s pretty cool and he is my best friend. Maybe I’ll be engaged by then or even married? I really hope we get to live together and have cute puppies or kitties. I hope we have managed to go on that trip to Canada that we often talk about.
So much is going to happen in the next 5 years. I’m going to graduate, potentially buy/rent my first home, get my first proper job etc. I am so excited and scared for what the future has to come. I know that no matter what happens, everything will work out in the end and it may take some time but I will get to where I want to be at some point. What things do you wish to happen in the next 5 years? Let me know in the comments.