As part of my Sunday baking series, I have decided to make banana muffins. These are mostly healthy and super tasty. They are easy to make and you don’t feel too guilty for having a couple. Here is my recipe:
75g melted butter
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
115g cast sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large bananas
1. Heat the oven to 190C or Gas mark 5. Melt the butter and allow it to cool. Mash the bananas well in a separate bowl. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl. Add caster sugar and stir thoroughly.
2. In another bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter and milk. Add the bananas and stir thoroughly.
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and slowly add the rest of the ingredients until it is a lumpy paste.
4. Set paper cases into the moulds and spoon in the mixture until almost full.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Rest the muffins on a wired rack for 10 minutes before serving.
6. Eat away.